My client is an industry titan with an illustrious 100-year history. The company are one of the oldest non-life insurers in the UK alongside having a global footprint spanning 25 other countries – they have fostered a legacy of excellence. They’re now inviting applications for an experienced Claims Officer to join their growing London team, reporting into the Deputy Chief Executive.
As a Claims Officer, you’ll play a pivotal role in Inward Property Facultative and Treaty claims department. Your impactful contributions will be rewarded with attractive remuneration and a nurturing work environment. You will be expected to grow in the role and eventually take full responsibility for all the technical and administrative functions of the department.
- Receiving claim notifications & subsequent claims updates on LIRMA system
- Monitoring the progress of claims, maintaining hard copy files of important records and documents for management perusal and action and for audit purposes
- Administering and processing non-LIRMA claims and entering these on the system
- Maintaining and monitoring claim reserves/provisions as required from time to time after obtaining due approvals from the financial authority competent
- Monitoring reserves in outstanding claims to ensure that Accounts have the correct figures
- Responding to requests for information or action from the claim-administering brokers or other agencies on LIRMA.
- Attending market meetings on claims on behalf of the Company
- Liaising and coordinating with other departments, namely Underwriting and Accounts
- Adhering to the procedures in the Claims Manual and ensuring compliance
- Generating reports from the software system and the aggregate system to help the senior management & underwriting departments
- Coordinating with Xchanging and the Bureau
- Contact producing brokers to obtain additional information if necessary
- Generating and monitoring outstanding claims reports and appraising management on regular basis
- Qualifications: ACII Preferred
- Experience: 7+ Years as Claims Handler
- Reinsurance Claims Expertise
- London Market Systems Mastery
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive Salary of £70k-£75k p.a. (negotiable)
- Growth Opportunity: Develop within a dynamic environment
- Flexible Hybrid Work: 3 days office, 2 days remote
- Premium Benefits: Optional Private Medical Insurance, Death Benefit
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.