My client is an established building society which has been securely looking after people’s money and helping homebuyers for over 100 years. They are currently looking to recruit a Treasury Manager on a permanent basis.
The selected candidate will undertake a broad range of treasury activities, working in a team, ensuring the Society is appropriately funded in line with its funding policy, regulatory requirements and its operational business plans. They will also play a key part in ongoing Treasury related projects.
- To take responsibility for some of the day to day treasury activities including monitoring the lifetime mortgage risk indicators, cash collateral levels, ongoing liquidity levels, short term investment performance and the gilt portfolio, and taking action or providing advice on action to be taken as appropriate.
- Manage the implementation of a new treasury management system (TMS), and its future development to improve workflow and management information to the business.
- Take responsibility for identifying data requirements for the asset and liability management process, and improving their capture and availability.
- Manage the preparation of management information for various executive and Board committees.
- Take a key role in the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP).
- Assist with/take responsibility for significant projects eg the transition from LIBOR to SONIA, setting up a bilateral funding programme, and developing the IRRBB (interest rate risk in the banking book) analysis and process.
- Assist with the management of members of the Treasury team as appropriate.
- ACT qualified
- Knowledge / experience of debt / capital markets
- ALM experience
- Experience of managing projects including working with external systems suppliers
- Strong data management skills
- Experience of working with brokers and managing deals (dealing experience)
- Excellent analytical skills
- An ability to produce meaningful management information
- Strong communication skills, and in particular an ability to explain technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some management experience within a small team
Based in Surrey – the company frequently attract employees for city based firms looking for a better work life balance. Salary £60-70k plus benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.