Website Cameron Pink
A leading UK Trade Association is recruiting for a Director of Technology and Data. They are seeking an effective strategic leader with a strong business focus and technical background to ensure the company can deliver its strategy and meet the needs of members through developing and implementing our data and technology ambitions and digital development plans.
Starting salary £100,000 per annum. You’ll be working for a company based in the heart of London, but the role can be performed on a remote basis with travel into the office one day a week (more if desired). The company have a great pension scheme where the employer pays up to 15%. There is also a discretionary bonus of up to 10%, as well as death in service and group income protection scheme cover. Annual leave of 30 days which includes an obligatory 3 off during the Christmas break. Hours 9-5.30 Monday to Friday.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, you, as the new Director of Technology and Data, you will play a critical role in leading the development of digital technology and data strategies. You will ensure delivery against these strategies to enable a step change in impact through the smart capture and maximisation of data and the development of the company’s digital footprint. You will ensure that systems support goals, whilst working with various teams and key individuals, to enable the development of digital platforms and services. You will be the digital champion for facilitating change and improvements.
- Provide strategic technical leadership in defining, developing, and delivering technology, data and digital strategies to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic goals
- Take ownership of the tech stack, ensuring systems and digital platforms support goals
- Manage and provide leadership direction to a small internal team and some outsourced IT and CRM contractor services, developing resources in line with needs
- Managing and developing the CRM system and company data to ensure they are maximising the use of the system, underpinned by appropriate processes and reporting
- Work with various teams and individuals to support and enable development of digital platforms and services and help to identify and put in place the right skills across the business
- Lead GDPR compliance, IT and cyber security to ensure organisation has leading practices to protect systems, employees and member data
- Budgetary control to drive the best value for money with internal and external resources
- Lead assessment and decision-making for new tech implementations across the company
- Keep the company up to date with technical innovations and trends
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Technically skilled in data insight, infrastructure, application software and hardware design and implementation
- Track record of leadership, engagement, and collaboration across multi-disciplined teams to deliver great results
- A successful track record of designing and leading digital transformation, ideally in membership organisations and/or the not-for-profit sector
- Experience of developing CRM systems and processes to support business goals
- Experience of using data to analyse and demonstrate communications and campaign performance
- Equally skilled and comfortable moving between providing strategic direction and supporting and directing tactical execution
- Recognises great technology is about enablement and is not the end product
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A strategic thinker with excellent delivery credentials, who will turn the company’s vision into a reality, defining and delivering an innovation roadmap
- Credible, inspiring and a pragmatic thought leader, with a developmental style and an aptitude for sharing and embedding best practice
- Effective communication across Board, Executive, the wider business and partners to facilitate the right conversations to deliver strategic goals
- Excel when working in partnership with colleagues and external partners
- Ability to inform and enable through the application of your technical expertise and your broad frame of reference
- Proven track record of delivering innovative technology-based solutions
- Able to motivate, inspire and get the best out of people
- Flexible, “can do” attitude willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Relevant technical qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.