My client is a leading international insurance firm based in central London. Due to continued growth and excess workload, they are in need of an Technical Assistant (Underwriter Administrator) on a permanent basis.
You would be working in a small team environment, alongside the Property Treaty Chief Underwriter and his two deputies.
- Data entry – enter treaty slips onto the (Eclipse) system
- Management of Underwriting Files – assist in the maintenance and creation of electronic and paper underwriting files
- Report Production for Internal and External Use – produce quarterly bordereaux for Outwards Quota Share Reinsurers; premium adjustment reports; other reports as required on an ad hoc basis, including reports needed for Business Planning and Outward Reinsurance purchase purposes. Also run quarterly live Management reports
- Claims data management- assist with the administration of property treaty claims, ensuring timely and accurate claims management and data capture
- Credit control function – assist the accounts team in credit control. Ensure the company are paid premiums on time and chase overdue items as necessary with the brokers.
- Letter of Credit – coordination.
- Background in insurance, ultimately some property treaty/reinsurance would be perfect.
However, we understand the might be hard to come by so as a minimum:
- Excel skills to intermediate level or better (VLOOKUPS, IF FUNCTIONS, PIVOT TABLES a must)
- Good numeracy skills (perhaps bookkeeping or basic accounts keeping)
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Salary is £30,000-33,000 per annum depending on relevant experience.
- Hours are 9.30-5.30 Monday to Friday
- Full-time, permanent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.