My client is a high profile consultancy firm in the alternative investments industry that focus on the development and implementation of quantitative models and analysis for alternative investments. They are currently looking for a Software Developer to work within their quantitative development group. This role will involve working closely with the business groups responsible for risk and portfolio advice.
- Build and analyse models for alternative investment strategies
- Implement quantitative evaluation of alternative investment strategies.
- Design, develop, write tests for and document new software components
- Communicate with business users on the development needs for their business units
- Estimate the development effort (time) for requests and manage the delivery of tasks accepted
- Conduct testing and fault finding within the internal systems and suggest and implement improvements when issues are found
- Develop the internal systems to minimize the risk of data loss or security breaches
- Cooperate with support functions to answer user queries and fix defects in the system, as well as estimating the effort to fix defects and implement new functionality
- Support the technical writer to produce user and operation documentation
- Pro-actively seek ways to improve efficiencies and the user experience
- Pro-actively seek ways to improve the maintainability and resilience of the internal systems
- Investigate new technologies and flag to Head of IT when applicable to the internal systems
- Ad-hoc projects upon request by the Head of IT.
- A strong mathematics/statistics background
- Experience with modelling financial instruments
- Experience with implementing large-scale software systems
- Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics Finance preferred
- 5 years or more software development experience preferred
- Experience with Java is an advantage
- Experience with R/Matlab
- Knowledge of databases/SQL is an advantage
- Understanding of test driven development
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Work outside of normal business hours – coinciding with systems releases or urgent bug fixes
- Comply with terms of Compliance Manuals
- Attend company events upon request.
Benefits & Perks:
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness program (fitness tracking device, classes, health snacks)
- Professional development support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, season ticket loan)
- Workplace pension scheme
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.