My client is a fast growing, global media research agency with offices in London & New York. They have a new 6 month contract available for a bright, keen to impress Project Accountant. Working in a close knit finance team duties will be varied and training will be given:
- Billing –
- Invoicing (30-40 invoices a week).
- Maintaining the SL folder with all appropriate documents filed in order.
- Managing outstanding purchase orders – research any unbilled issues to optimise the billing possibilities for the billing period/cash flow.
- Liaising with clients – to include vendor set up for new clients and responding to client enquiries and reviewing Statement of Workflows (SOW).
- Sending monthly statements to clients
- Credit control – to report weekly debtors’ status and work closely with the Finance Manager in terms of forecast receipts for cash flow purposes.
- Set up new client accounts in the finance system.
- Allocate receipts on a daily basis and update on system.
- Prepare monthly income recognition working papers for the management accounts.
Project related duties:-
- Take full ownership of the “Job Book” which is the revenue tracker on a job by job basis for the group of companies. Create new jobs when requested by Project Managers, log job details on to “Job Book” and file new job request forms.
- Have weekly job update (both Revenue and GP) meetings with all Project Managers and update Job Book with changes accordingly.
- Liaise with Project Managers on pipeline updates on a weekly basis.
- Report on “Sales and Pipeline” on a weekly basis.
- Work closely alongside Finance Manager and accountants in job cost reconciliations and investigate cost variances. Review project reports and check for data quality.
- Work closely with Finance Assistant in relation to job costs and flag any overspend.
- Work closely the Finance Manager to report on project profitability.
To be considered you will have 6 months project billing experience. You’ll be switched on, intelligent, ideally with good academics and the desire to learn.
Hours are 9-5.30, 25 days annual leave (pro rata). Fun, stylish offices based near London Bridge!
£22,000-£25,000 for a graduate with 6-12 months billing experience
£25,000-£30,000 for a candidate with billing/project accounting experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.