Our client is a highly innovative, multi award winning integrated digital solutions provider. Founded with the aim of using cutting edge technologies in order to make a positive impact on people’s lives — and this is as true today as when they were founded 15 years ago.
Due to continued growth they now require an experienced Product Manager, from a tech/software background, to build upon their early success. This will be a hands-on role, driving the product roadmap, gathering requirements from customers and prospects, craft specifications, and ensuring the software is delivered that meets requirements, and materials are produced that drive sales.
Role & Responsibilities
- To ensure that the business continues to deliver products that delight customers and emphasise their unique selling points:
- Research the latest developments in the technical landscape;
- Research competitor offerings, pricing models and deployment strategies;
- Research developments in the markets in which the business currently operates, or might wish to operate in in the future;
- Distill research into on-going strategy documents for discussion by the Board and Product Board;
- Blend research and ideas into requirements specifications for the Development function;
- Drive the validation of assumptions through engagement with champion customers and other appropriate consultants;
- Ensure the timely delivery of products that meet the intended market need;
- Ensure that everyone has an excellent working knowledge of the product capabilities and how they meet the market need;
- Drive knowledge transfer through all teams, both intra-team and inter-team;
- Provide pre-sales support to the Sales function where required, and especially where it supports the research remit;
- Ensure that the Sales function is delivering suitable messages effectively to prospective and existing customers;
- Ensure that all company members are familiar with these strategic messages through the provision of suitable materials and training;
- Work with the Customer Solutions function to ensure the most effective use of product features in meeting customer requirements;
- Communicate innovations in the deployment of existing features and release of new ones to all teams;
- Maintain materials and database resources to reflect customer adaptations to support efficient future provision;
- Most importantly! Provide knowledge, messages and materials to ensure that all product lines are sold effectively.
- The key thing here is that the person should have a good technical / software knowledge — but first and foremost this is a marketing role: looking at markets, doing competitor analysis, producing product marketing collateral, ensuring that the sales team can deliver the messages. Your main focus is on ensuring that the company sell their software IP.
- The core of the company is its people, a significant number of whom have been with the business for a decade and more, and who provide the company’s motive force. My client is looking for someone who understands that their progression is intrinsically linked to the growth of the company — and that succeeding in their job drives that growth. You will have the chance to suggest ideas, up-skill, and become a crucial part of the team. As the company grows, the scope for career progression will too.
- Competitive base salary, dependent on experience;
- Generous Workplace Pension Scheme;
- Generous Death in Service Life Cover;
- Eligibility for equity participation (Share Options) following the completion of qualification period;
- A meritocracy with real opportunities to have your voice heard and to develop within the team;
- True organic potential for career progression through company expansion.
- Work for a multi award winning company and one that holds an Investors in People since 2017
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.