We are working exclusively with a well-known, leading UK Trade Association who are seeking a Policy Lead on a permanent basis.
You, as the successful applicant, will lead dedicated elements of the association’s public policy work programme, and any other relevant areas identified by the Director of Policy. Your work will promote a sustainable, long-term operating environment for members, and influence the shape the direction of government and regulatory policy. You will maintain the association’s standing as a strong voice in policy and industry debates with insightful, evidence-based views.
This opportunity will pay up to £60,000 per annum. You’ll be working for a company based in the heart of London, but the role can be performed on a remote basis with travel into the office one day a week (more if desired). The company have a great pension scheme where the employer pays up to 15%. There is also a discretionary bonus of up to 10%, as well as death in service and group income protection scheme cover. Annual leave of 30 days which includes an obligatory 3 off during the Christmas break. Hours 9-5.30 Monday to Friday.
- You will be responsible for developing policies which influence the outcome of public policy in the interests of our strategic and tactical objectives. You will raise our profile on relevant issues so that we are associated with clear and persuasive views and policy positions. This will involve the production of high-quality policy papers, consultation responses, and evidence-based research reports.
- Guided by your Head of Team and working closely with the Policy Board and other governance committees/working groups, you will implement policies from the association’s work programme.
- You will also provide practical support to members on policy-related issues, for example through the production of guides, through presentations or direct engagement.
- You will provide high quality support to the Policy Board and relevant governance bodies to ensure that the association understands the views of their industry and draw on their expertise.
- You will provide advice on relevant issues to the Policy Board, other governance bodies, the Heads of Teams, Deputy Director and the Director of Policy and Advocacy, as required.
- You will act as a spokesperson for the association on your areas of responsibility at industry events and, where relevant, in the media.
- You will represent the association at meetings and events, including meetings with senior officials and Ministers, Parliamentarians and industry leaders. You will deputise for the Heads of Teams, where appropriate.
- You will build strong links with Government and regulators in the UK and EU, with trade associations and with the association’s fund and business members so that we are well networked and able to influence the right people at the right time.
- You will provide insight for the programme development for our conferences and events, ensuring relevant and interesting content.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A good knowledge and understanding of policy. Ideally pensions or financial services but other sectors considered.
- An understanding of how pension schemes operate.
- Proven experience of operating at a senior level in a complex organisation.
- Experience of public speaking, for example at industry events.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of applying pensions know-how in a public policy setting, e.g., some experience of dealing with, and lobbying, Government.
- Experience of dealing with the media (print and broadcast).
- An understanding of working in a membership organisation and within a political environment.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Personally credible with a professional demeanour that generates the trust and confidence of a range of audiences.
- Persuasiveness and creative flair – ability to make the case and to present strong, well-reasoned, arguments.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team, and plan deliver of work effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.