My client is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. They employ 500 people across the globe, providing advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $600 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. They specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
They strive to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry – best practices have always been a defining part of who they are.
About the team
Operational Due Diligence (ODD) is one of the company’s largest investment functions with over 100+ employees across North America, Europe and Asia.
They provide clients with a thorough analysis of all non-investment related aspects of an investment manager’s business and prepare a written research report which outlines risks and recommendations. This includes reviewing an investment manager’s organization, investment operations, counterparty management, financing, valuation, information security, regulatory compliance, and employment practices.
You will be responsible for assessing operational processes, identifying operational risks and recommending mitigating procedures to help address the risks. Analysis is delivered through written research reports which can be accessed directly by their clients. You will also be required to contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s operational due diligence services as well as future new initiatives. As individuals develop, there will be further opportunities to advance within the business and this position offers huge scope to learn about the alternative investment industry.
- Evaluate assigned alternative investment funds and managers across all asset classes. Produce detailed written reports with an analysis of operational risk and internal controls.
- Ongoing monitoring of assigned funds and updating written reports to reflect changes to the operational risk for those funds.
- Lead onsite interviews with alternative investment firms to discuss operational risks and internal controls.
- Review and interpret financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Prepare clear, accurate, concise reports, in line with client and management deadlines.
- Liaise with clients and fund managers with respect to operational due diligence inquiries.
- Develop and champion alternative investment industry “best practices” with respect to operational due diligence. Stay current on industry standards and trends to help to facilitate knowledge transfer within the ODD group, the company, clients, and across the industry.
- Mentor Associate Analysts in the ODD process.
- Support business development activities and client interactions.
- Participate in project work to support the due diligence process and broader company initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for the company at industry events.
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams and regions.
- Become an active idea contributor to client newsletter and internal intranet.
- 3+ years relevant prior work experience, with knowledge or experience of one or some of the following areas – investment operations, fund accounting & administration, treasury/cash management, operational risk, prime brokerage, audit, legal, compliance, technology & information security
- Strong academic background (A Degree or equivalent qualification)
- Possession of professional qualification (e.g., CAIA, CFA, ACA) or interest in obtaining relevant professional qualification
- High level of writing proficiency
- Experience of report writing
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel overseas
- Attend company events
- Meet regulatory requirements
Benefits & Perks:
- £55-80k basic depending on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Wellness program (fitness tracking device, classes)
- Life insurance
- Professional development support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, season ticket loan, private medical insurance)
- Workplace pension scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.