Our client is a leading commercial set of chambers which offers outstanding legal minds combined with a modern and commercial disputes experience. Their clients include major global companies, institutions, governments and their advisors from around the world.
Due to continued growth, they are now seeking to hire an experienced Head of Finance and Facilities. This will be a predominately strategic and presentational role, reporting into the CEO.
- Oversight of all aspects of Chambers’ accounting.
- Assisting and guiding senior management in finance-related matters.
- Reporting to senior management, the Finance Committee and Board.
- Annual budget and draft year-end accounts.
- Overseeing the Chambers UK and international bank accounts.
- Liaising with banks and HMRC.
- Managing barristers and staff loan accounts.
- Managing monthly ‘grant’ payments for pupils, including requests for ‘drawdowns.’
- VAT matters and corporation tax.
- Line management of a management accountant, two credit control clerks and a data analyst.
- The provision of appropriate and timely data analysis in respect of business performance.
- Being a member of the Finance Committee.
- The Chambers are imminently expanding offices and looking to occupy a second building, therefore a relatively large amount of the position initially will be coordinating this process. Thereafter facilities will be relatively light touch.
- Line management of the Facilities Manager and 3 reception personnel.
- Management and maintenance of the building, facilities and security.
- Liaison with landlords and the council in respect of rates charges.
- Overseeing contractual arrangements relating to the facilities (security, cleaning, utilities etc).
- Health and Safety matters, including safety at work, fire and first aid arrangements.
- Being a secretary and member of Buildings and Resources Committee.
- Line Management of the Compliance and Governance Manager.
- The administration of corporate and other matters associated the UK and overseas entity.
- Ensuring high standards of service delivery in respect of compliance and regulatory requirements as they affect chambers, members and practice management.
- Overseeing the internal audit of practices and procedures to monitor compliance with practices, procedures and internal policies by employees and barrister members, and where relevant investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues.
- The incumbent will be an experienced, qualified finance professional who is extremely knowledgeable and capable of overseeing all aspects of the Chambers’ financial management, including financial accounting and reporting, credit control and data analysis.
- The individual will also have some experience in facilities management and compliance and governance. They will be capable of developing strategy, identifying and taking forward projects both to enhance efficiency and effectiveness within their areas of responsibility and in line with the Business Plan objectives.
- The individual will have experience of working within an SME, ideally within the legal of professional services sector. Professionally qualified, they will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, intellectual rigour and leadership qualities to motivate their team to deliver high service standards. They will have strong and persuasive communication skills, both on paper and orally, demonstrate initiative, and the ability to address issues with minimal guidance. They will have well developed inter-personal qualities, be appropriately confidence and will have worked to senior management and board level.
This is a newly created role, offered on 9-month fixed term basis. It’s envisaged the position will go permanent thereafter. We welcome applications from candidates that would consider contract to permanent OR straight permanent employment. Please mention it in your application.
The salary is £100,000 pro rata (£60,000 per annum, 3 days a week). The Chambers also offer an exceptional benefits package including group life cover, income protection, pension, medical insurance and and being part of a heath cash plan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.