Cameron Pink is excited to represent a well-known, award-winning, worldwide fashion accessory brand who are currently seeking a new Group Financial Controller for their head offices in the West End.
As a Financial Controller, you will be accountable for all aspects of group financial management and monitoring of the internal control environment. This includes overseeing the day to day activities of the finance team, which covers departments such as accounting, credit control and purchase ledger. You will need to ensure that the company’s finance function is organised and efficient so that transactions are processed accurately and promptly. The role will also require you to produces accurate financial and management accounts, to manage working capital and to comply with all relevant statutory requirements.
The Financial Controller will also ensure that the business makes sound financial decisions. You will be responsible for the long-term and short-term forecasting and will also assist the CFO with the financial business strategy.
Breakdown of duties:
Preparation of accounts
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and reports, for operational management and the parent company
- Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances, including the review of the month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the Group’s accounting records and financial systems
- Production of statutory accounts for the Group and its various subsidiary companies as and when required, in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Play a full part in providing relevant and timely financial information to the Board and parent company to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the company’s strategy and objectives
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer to continue to develop the existing weekly and monthly profitability reporting, to allow detailed monitoring of business performance
Budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring and review of performance against them, to enable robust reporting of variances to the Board and third party stakeholders
Financial management & controls
- Effectively manage the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to creditors, debtors and bank balances
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
- Overseeing monthly processing of payroll and payments to employees
- Management of invoice discounting or other borrowing facilities, such that all banking requirements including covenants are adhered to
- Review and update, in line with good practice, the company’s internal control environment
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in the development and execution of the company’s taxation strategy
- Ensure returns for Corporation tax, VAT, payroll and other relevant taxes are submitted, payments made on time and all relevant regulations are complied with in all applicable countries
- Continue to monitor intercompany trading and its taxation implications for the group and liaise with the groups tax advisors where necessary
- Working closely with IT to ensure users have access to the key components of the accounting system, receive adequate training and have the essential reports readily available to facilitate decision making and problem solving
- Work closely with the Data Analyst to ensure that all Qlikview reports are giving an accurate representation of the performance of the business
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the Accounting, Credit Control and Accounts Payable sub-departments within the Finance department
- Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team
- Implementation of a change management culture by challenging and replacing established processes and procedures where necessary
- Liaise with different departments to ensure the Finance department is properly supporting the needs of the operating business
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, brokers, bankers and other parties as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Keep key stakeholders up to date on the progress against key milestones of the annual company strategy
- Ensure that the Chief Financial Officer is kept informed of industry developments which are relevant to the operation of an efficient finance function
- Accurately compile all governmental statistical reports for all relevant markets and submit them on a timely basis
- Carry out any ad hoc tasks as directed by the Company
- Deputising for the Chief Financial Officer.
My client is after an ACA qualified accountant with some industry experience. You will be a strong character with the ability to lead a team and deputise in the CFO’s absence.
£50-60,000 per annum. Benefits include an attractive pension scheme, private health care, bonus opportunity, 25 days holiday plus your birthday off!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.