My client is a specialist alternative investments advisory firm based in central London. The firm was established in London in 1994 and has now grown to become the largest independent alternatives consultant, with a headcount of 350 in 11 locations worldwide. Their clients, including pension plans, endowments, foundations, family offices and financial intermediaries are invested with the best managers in the world. Operating a large number of business streams including Portfolio Advisory, Strategy Research and Risk Management they have two exciting opportunities available for Associate Analysts within their Operational Due Diligence team.
You will be responsible for conducting business risk analysis on a range of alternative investment products, focusing particularly on hedge fund and private equity investment structures, supporting the senior analysts.
Job Summary & Purpose:
To support due diligence analysts in conducting operational due diligence analysis on alternative investment funds.
- Assist with review and interpretation of financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature. Upon that review and interpretation, produce research deliverables for clients within the scheduled deadline.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Participate in onsite interviews with fund managers to discuss operational risks, internal controls and information systems. Deploy skills and experience to contribute to these meetings and to prepare clear and concise written notes to summarise the findings.
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared, reviewed, and delivered on a timely and accurate basis.
- Proactively conduct ongoing monitoring updates with fund managers.
- General support to the operational due diligence team as needed.
- Follow “Best Practices” with respect to operational due diligence.
- Active idea contributor to client newsletter and internal wiki. Assist in production of white paper research for distribution to clients.
- Ensure information within internal database is kept up to date and current.
- Graduate or equivalent. Degree should be grade 2:1 or above.
- Demonstrated interest in finance – i.e. an internship or work experience
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to study for the CAIA or CFA qualification.
- Proactive self-starter; proficient at time management and multi-tasking
- Writing skills with an attention to detail
- Systems literacy (Excel, word, PPT, Outlook)
- Ability to travel overseas as required
- Will be required to pass a regulatory/industry test as part of the ongoing competence assessment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Company sponsored professional development
- Wellness program (e.g., fitness tracking devices, yoga classes, inter-office competitions)
- Social events and Champagne Fridays
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Service recognition days
- Life insurance
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, season ticket loan)
- Workplace pension scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.