A high end manufacturing and “fit out” firm are seeking an experienced General Manager. Answerable to the company’s owner, and taking charge in his absence, you will be responsible for the day to day commercial and operational aspects of a 10m t/o business with 75 office, factory and site staff. This role will include specific oversight of the finance, marketing, design, manufacturing and installation teams.
- Define and implement strategy and maintain responsibility for operating performance (e.g. sales, profit, working capital, on-time delivery, planning, scheduling and materials).
- Work closely with departmental heads to ensure execution of processes align with standard work and to the defined strategic direction of the company.
- Improve factory performance by executing lean manufacturing initiatives while maintaining focus on quality improvements.
- Identify process bottlenecks, suggest and implement solutions in a timely manner and provide constructive feedback.
- Implement new technologies when needed.
- Supervision of financial department and liaison with external accountants. Responsible for meeting financial commitments, providing the resources necessary to grow and/or taking the necessary actions to cut costs.
- Assessing staff, developing talent to ensure the company have the right people in the right place and robust succession planning.
- Focus on commercial contact with clients and third parties, ensuring the company maintains an excellent level of customer service.
- Supervision of company marketing policy and liaison with external agencies.
- Input into HR, health and safety, quality and compliance procedures, ensuring sufficient training, coaching and enforcement of standards.
You’ll be a charismatic leader of staff with a track record demonstrating your ability to assess company operations, team performance and customer service – thinking “outside the box” to implement change and drive performance.
- Ideally you’ll be from a manufacturing/engineering or construction industry background.
- You’ll have managed a business with revenues of £5-50 million.
- Proven analytical thinking, problem solving and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.
- A solid track record of success leading cross functional teams.
- A track record in strategic planning skills.
- From an operations perspective, exposure to best practices, (e.g. lean manufacturing, continuous improvement).
- Strong customer relations and commercial negotiation skills.
- Proven financial acumen.
This is a new role within the company, salary is flexible depending on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.