Based in Southwest Manchester, UK, my client is a leading 30 million turnover UK manufacturer and global distributor. They are a highly profitable and cash generative business that is part of a much larger owned group.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within their finance team for a fully qualified accountant with FC experience to join with the intention of working alongside and ultimately succeeding the existing FD, within an agreed timescale.
Managing a small accounts team, your remit will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack (including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, cashflow and KPI’s) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the MIS processes and continuing to develop and enhance the KPI’s used within the business.
- Analysing and reporting variances/trends of income and expenditure to enable the functional heads of the business to make effective commercial decisions that deliver the business strategy.
- Project managing the annual budgeting process with all the department heads of the business.
- Preparing monthly the 3-month rolling forecast.
- Managing the cashflow of the business and the Company’s credit exposure (including credit insurance)
- Ensuring the capital expenditure process is controlled and that all asset registers are accurate and up to date.
- Management of the statutory audit and assisting the tax advisers with the Corporation Tax and particularly the R&D tax credits claim.
- Managing the relationship with the bank ensuring that the day-to-day requirements of the business are met. This also involves taking out forward contracts to limit the Company’s foreign currency exposure.
- Preparing and submitting VAT & Intrastat returns.
- Management of the insurance portfolio.
- Managing the information submitted to the Payroll Bureau, pension and any other employee benefit providers, including all necessary statutory returns.
- Overseeing the HR processes when issues arise.
- Ad hoc projects that may include Group initiatives.
Applicants will be:
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- A Financial Controller with manufacturing sector experience.
- Ambitious, and keen to develop, with the commercial acumen, gravitas and persona required to become a Finance Director.
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- Have a full clean driving licence.
This excellent career opportunity is complimented with:
- A £55k – £60k basic salary.
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 3% employers pension contribution and death in service benefit.
- Ultimately it is intended that you would become a statutory Director of the business.
- Hours are 8am – 5pm with one hour lunch
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.