Founded in 2012, my client is an award-winning lifestyle publishing and media brand. Based in London’s West End, they are keen to recruit a new Financial Controller on a hybrid, permanent basis, working either 4 or 5 days a week.
The successful candidate will have the ability to shape operations and increase future profitability. Yet it’s important to highlight, this is a small business and sole role, hence, very hands-on with day-to-day tasks alongside bigger picture thinking with the executive team.
- Monthly management accounts & consolidation, drafting board back for FD review
- Business partnering, budget involvement and monthly variance reporting
- Accounts to trial balance and supporting balance sheet
- Process journals, accruals and prepayments
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare the monthly payroll and administer pensions
- Prepare VAT and HMRC payments
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Process credit card and expenses payments
- Gross profit analysis
- Assist with monthly reporting and ad hoc financial analysis
- Strong excel and system skills (ideally Xero)
- Previous experience as a hands on Finance Manager or similar
- Ideally you will have some form of accountancy qualification, however being qualified by experience will be considered
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £50,000 per annum
- Hours are 10-6, the company offer hybrid working, 3 in the office, 2 from home. They are open to recruiting the role on a 4 or 5 day a week basis. If 4 days, the salary will be pro-rata
- 25 days annual leave
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.