My client is a privately owned, international logistics company based in South Manchester (not far from the the airport). They are seeking a Financial controller on a permanent basis. This will be a pivotal role within the organisation, and your chance to join an established yet ever evolving and ambitious business. You will report into a part time Finance Director, there’s scope to grow and develop and take on further responsibility in time.
The following duties are what the role entails from day one:
- Full control of multi-currency bank and factoring ledgers
- Cash flow oversight and forecasting
- Management of junior team member
- Supplier and customer payment management
- Completion of VAT returns
- Management of staff and directors expenses
- Payroll changes for submission to the external payroll provider
- Month end reporting to include accruals, prepayments and stock reporting
- Financial administration tasks such as insurance renewals, employee life insurance additions
- Work to monthly deadlines under own initiative
- Work with the groups external auditors
Experience in the following is a prerequisite to be considered:
- Invoice discounting / factoring exposure
- Background working for a company that move goods internationally (ideally a logistics firm)
- Experience up to trial balance, working in an small to medium sized business reporting into an FC / FD
This is a full time position, contracted to 35 hours a week with 28 days holiday per annum.
The salary is circa £40,000 per annum (slightly more for the perfect candidate) plus pension and life cover.
We welcome your application!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.