My client, an iconic heritage brand with 300 years of history, has a newly created position available for a Data Control Manager. Reporting directly into the Head of Strategy this role will ensure and maintain the quality and accuracy of the data the company holds across all departments.
Focused on data entry and integrity, this role is a hybrid position sitting in the commercial team but working closely with the IT team. The incumbent will become the ‘data guru’ responsible for advising departments how best to create products in the system.
Key accountabilities or main areas of responsibility:
- Management of product, bill of materials (BOM), vendor and customer database
- Create new SKU’s on the system following receipt of new lines from the business
- Maintenance of system retail and cost price data based on information received from buyers and retail prices
- Maintenance of product routings, timings and raw material BOM’s for internally produced products
- Maintain accurate system product hierarchies and product groups
- Active involvement in the creation and adherence to standard product naming conventions across the business
- Set-up and maintain vendors for the business
- Maintain the set-up of customers for the business
- Drive best practice for data management and integrity through the company
- All promotion, affiliates and ranging activities
Manufacturing Data Administration
- Managing end-to-end production data entry
- Creating BOMs and routing
- Verification of timings and labour costs
- Outworker set-up and management
- Providing day to day data administrative support to the factories and workrooms
- Monitor data integrity of factories and workrooms
To be considered you will be experienced, smart, bright in personality; someone who can pick up this role, get stuck into projects and take ownership. Requirements are:
- Held a data manager type role previously
- Strong excel – all data coming in and out of the company’s system Navision (NAV) is excel spreadsheet format
- NAV exposure is preferred but not essential
- Must understand the concept of a product that has a price/cost – i.e. from a manufacturing/FMCG/retail sector
- Ability to pick up how to physically create information (new ranges, customers, products) in IT system / NAV (currently being done by IT)
- Strong enough to control the business in terms of data – pull different departments into one process
- Confident with business liaison
- Have a logical mind-set
This is a fantastic company to work for with a range of benefits including 9-5.15 hours, 26 days holiday per annum, cycle to work scheme sign up, discounted gym membership, life assurance, pension, staff discounts on their premium clothing brands!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.