We are working exclusively with an established, market leading UK Financial Services Trade Association who are seeking a Head of Client Relations on a permanent basis. Based in London, the company has circa 450 members; including pensions funds, asset managers, consultants, law firms, fintechs, and others who play an influential role in people’s finances.
You, as the Head of Client Relations, will be a key player in a small Business Development team. You will build relationships with members and make a significant contribution towards the achievement of the sales strategy to increase revenue, retain and acquire new members.
This opportunity will pay a basic salary of up to £73,000 per annum circa £90,000 with OTE. The role can be performed largely on a remote basis with most staff travelling into London 1-2 days a week. The company provide a great pension scheme where the employer pays up to 15%. Other benefits include death in service and a group income protection scheme cover. Annual leave is 30 days plus bank holidays, which includes an obligatory 3 off during the Christmas break. Hours 9-5.30 Monday to Friday.
- To work effectively, as a member of the business development team, making a significant contribution towards the achievement of the annual commercial sales target.
- To take the lead on designing and delivering the strategy for member engagement with Business Members across the business development team and wider organisation. Ensuring that business members feel valued and engaged whilst trading with the organisation commercially.
- To follow each sale through to product/service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction and that internal delivery teams are supported throughout the process.
- To proactively gather and effectively share market intelligence as well as feedback from Business Members regarding their objectives and areas of interest so that the organisation is better able to accommodate their commercial requirements and help them achieve their objectives.
- To generate targeted sales from campaigns around the organisations products/services/membership acquisitions either virtually or in person.
- To develop and deliver a systematic delivery plan for commercial customer retention and acquisition, that uses the appropriate sales channels. This will include exploiting cross-selling opportunities, data-driven sales and utilising the appropriate customer contact channels.
- To contribute towards the generation of new development opportunities for the organisation and the design and delivery of any subsequent commercial implementation plans.
- To be responsible for the generation of robust and clear sales and pipeline data/information along with projections against product/service specific and annual sales targets.
- To contribute towards campaign activity data collation, analysis and report generation to support the Director of Business Development on a scheduled basis.
- To liaise closely with all internal departments regarding business development activity and to provide information/updates during relevant campaigns.
- To develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organisations product and service portfolio, capabilities and other offerings.
- To liaise with department contacts regarding any customer inquiries or technical questions throughout a campaign.
- To be an ambassador for the organisation, promoting their work across a variety of channels including face to face member meetings, group meetings and industry/competitor events.
- Experience of sales and business development ideally from the wider pensions sector or failing that, the ability to demonstrate transferable knowledge from a different sector.
- Solid experience in a membership, not-for profit, third sector or industry relevant organisation (i.e. asset manager/Master Trusts etc).
- Experience of engaging with clients via a variety of different engagement and sales methods.
- Experience of managing client relationships.
- Experience of working with excel and CRM systems.
- Experience of selling exhibition space, sponsorship and publication products/services
- Experience of selling digital products/services
- Experience of selling subscription services
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.