We are excited to assist a leading UK Charity in their search for a Communications and Digital Officer. Replacing an employee that is moving abroad – initially this role will be a 6 month contract but there’s potential scope to go permanent thereafter.
- Report into the Communications and Fundraising Manager
- Be responsible for the charity’s website, ensuring that it is updated and developed to meet changing digital needs, liaising as required with the hosting company and other digital partners.
- Oversee the department’s communications functions including social media output, remaining well informed about communications, digital and fundraising trends and maintaining good external liaison with other likeminded charities and the media.
- Use Adobe Photoshop Suite for design work and image manipulation.
- Provide general administrative support in support of the department’s activities (to include its databases, accounts and data protection, merchandise, fundraising resources)
- Contribution of articles for the Trust’s newsletters and other marketing materials
- Organise internal and external events that promote the Trust or assists with fundraising, including managing logistics and volunteers in accordance with good practice and Health & Safety requirements.
- Assist in fundraising activities including researching for and drafting funding applications and other bids and proposals, liaising with the Finance department as necessary.
- Oversee the department in the absence of the Communications and Fundraising Manager, reporting directly in this instance to the Corporate Director.
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office, Adobe Photoshop suite, email marketing systems
- Extensive experience of running an operational website and the use of content management systems
- Very good general communications experience including social media, emerging digital systems and some PR practice
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles with some practical experience, especially in organising small events, both internal and external.
- Determined, energetic self-starter and problem solver, able to work to tight deadline
This is a really nice, friendly company to work for – who we have helped with recruitment for a number of years. Candidates join and tend to stay with positive feedback. Hours are 9-5, 25 days holiday per annum. Optional private healthcare. Initially the role will be working from home, however, post pandemic back in the office.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.