My client is a specialist alternative investments advisory firm based in central London. The firm was established in London in 1994 and has now grown to become the largest independent alternatives consultant, with a headcount of 350 in 11 locations worldwide. Their clients, including pension plans, endowments, foundations, family offices and financial intermediaries are invested with the best managers in the world. Operating a large number of business streams including Portfolio Advisory, Strategy Research and Risk Management they have two exciting opportunities available for Associate Analysts within their Operational Due Diligence team.
You will be responsible for conducting business risk analysis on a range of alternative investment products, focusing particularly on hedge fund and private equity investment structures, supporting the senior analysts.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To support due diligence analysts in conducting operational due diligence analysis on alternative investment funds.
- Review and interpret financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature. Upon that review and interpretation, produce research deliverables for clients within the scheduled deadline.
- Liaise with fund service providers to ensure timely receipt of information on the funds.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Conduct with fellow Due Diligence Analysts onsite interviews with fund managers to discuss operational risks, internal controls and information systems, as well as verifying existence of assets. Deploy skills and experience to contribute to these meetings and to prepare clear and concise written notes to summarise the findings.
- Ensure client deliverables are prepared, reviewed, and delivered on a timely and accurate basis.
- Active idea contributor to client newsletter and intranet.
- Participate in production of white paper research for distribution to clients.
- Follow “Best Practices” with respect to operational due diligence.
- Ensure information within internal database is kept up to date and current.
- Proactively identify tasks to assist other members of the London Due Diligence team.
- Other ad hoc projects from time to time upon request.
- Report potential conflicts to compliance and work with compliance to ensure that conflict disclosures appear on research reports.
- Importantly one or two year’s relevant experience in finance, auditing, hedge funds or other relevant fields.
- Graduate or equivalent. Business Studies, Economics or Accountancy preferred but not essential.
- Willing to study for the CFA qualification.
- Proactive self-starter; proficient at time management and multi-tasking.
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills.
- Writing skills with an attention to detail.
- Systems literacy (excel, word, PPT, Outlook).
- Ability to travel overseas as required.
- Attend company events as requested.
- Will be required to pass regulatory/industry examinations as part of the ongoing competence assessment.
- Candidates must have the right to work in UK.
Before applying you should be clear that the function of the Operational Due Diligence team is not looking at the investment decision or strategy and the role is not a stepping stone into that area. The Operational Due Diligence team instead work to assess the operational process at a Fund Manager. They do so by looking at operational aspects such as; staffing and organisation, compliance, reconciliations, disaster recovery and service providers.
- Professional development support
- 33 days holiday inclusive of public holidays
- Quinquennial holiday benefit (5-day holiday bonus on 5 year service anniversaries)
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan)
- Workplace pension scheme
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.