My client is a highly profitable 20 million turnover manufacturing company based in modern offices. Due to an excess in workload they have created a new position for an Assistant Accountant, to assist the company’s Financial Controller and help supervise a small close knit team.
The ideal candidate is someone willing to work in a busy and varied position, who has the ability to step up and oversee finance in the FC’s absence and in a few years time replace him and become the company’s number one in finance.
- Assist with statutory accounts
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Help supervise a purchase ledger clerk and credit controller
- Accruals and repayments
- Fixed assets
- Internal and external reporting
- Bank reconciliation
- Assist with cash flow forecasting
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with both internal and external audit queries
- Reconcile supplier statements and payments
To be considered:
- You must have strong debits and credits knowledge
- You must have compiled monthly management accounts for FC review
- You must have strong excel skills (to pivot table level)
- You must be willing to pitch in and work hard, with longer hours sometimes required (i.e. month/year end)
- Must have worked in a company that produce/distribute stock
You will be working for a company that look after their employees, with long staff tenure. They provide a variety of benefits including an annual bonus, private healthcare, 25-day holiday allowance, life assurance cover, 9-5 hours, parking available on site. Study support considered if requested.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.