My client is a leading manufacturer of specialist high end products, servicing the needs of the construction industry for a number of years. Due to the retirement of one of its employees a rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role encompasses:
- Setting up new jobs on the accounts package
- Inputting & running weekly & monthly payroll from job costed time sheets along with associated submission of RTI files to HMRC & year end reporting
- Posting of employee expenses
- Posting of credit card payments
- Raising sales invoices and chasing payment, including sales retentions held by clients
- Looking after sub-contract payments, including CIS tax status verifications
- Transmission of monthly CIS returns
- Raising & inputting journals
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Dealing with motor penalty notices
- An individual with experience in the sector is a prerequisite – please only apply if you have worked for a “fit out” company or within a contractor that supplies the construction sector. Experience of job payroll, expenses, sales ledger and CIS is favorable.
Full time. Salary up to £32K + 3% employer contribution to company pension scheme. The role is suited to someone keen to pursue steady progression and replace the current Financial Controller in circa 5 years time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.